Recently, I decided I needed something that was a “guilty pleasure”, and decided to make the Ranch Recipe featured in The Candida Cure.
Being from the South, I must profess, it’s not exactly like ranch but it will definitely do the trick. Even my one-year-old liked it! The one thing that is a little different about it was the nutty texture. Regardless, I think it will be a great substitute and will probably taste even better once it’s chilled! I added a splash of unsweetened almond milk and a little over a cup of water total. Do it gradually and make it the consistency you like :).
Here’s what you’ll need:
- 1 cup whole, raw macadamia nuts (soak for 1-2 hours, rinse, drain)
- 1/2 fresh lemon, squeezed
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp fresh chives
- 1 tsp fresh or dried parsley
- 1 garlic clove or 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp fresh dill
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- pinch of cayenne (optional)
- purified water, as needed
Blend all ingredients in blender until smooth. Add enough water to achieve desired consistency.